Sunday, August 14, 2011

Family Dinner

No, I'm not talking about Jersey Shore. I'm talking about Sunday dinner with my grandmother.



Tonight Nick and I treated my Nana to dinner. For those of you who don’t know, Nick and I live in the 3rd floor apartment of my grandmother’s house (more on this in another post) and it is actually the house my dad grew up in! We see my grandma at least once a day to say hi and check in on her, but for the past 7 years Sundays have always been our  ‘’dinner date’’ days. In the past, Nana would make a typical 5-6 course Italian meal. The kind that had 4 different pasta dishes, salads, 3 types of chicken and meatballs, and if you didn’t eat at least 3 helpings she would call home to tell my parents that I must be sick! Recently however, Nana’s arthritis has gotten the better of her and hasn’t had the energy to cook, or do much of anything for that matter.  So instead of me cooking tonight we decided to get her out of the house and get her some ribs (she LOVES ribs). We headed over to a little bar/grille near our house and had a nice hour and a half hanging out and eating.





Nights like this with my grandma are my favorite. While living with her isn’t always the easiest, Sunday dinner is something that I look forward to every week. Seeing my grandma healthy and up and moving around makes me so happy. Getting her out of the house was a great end to what was a pretty hectic week.

1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet! :) I was very close to my Great-Grandmother who passed away two years ago. She was 96. She was also the "you better eat all of this food or you must be sick" type...and it was always delicious!

    Gotta love the Italian spirit! :)

    ReplyDelete