Saturday, July 9, 2011

My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding- OBSESSED!

Nick is out with clients all day and I can't seem to find motivation to get myself up and actually do something productive. So naturally the only logical thing for me to do is watch a marathon of crappy reality tv, DUH! Because Nick doesn't share my obsession (other than the Bachelor/Bachelorette but more on that later) this was the perfect time to catch up on one of my favorite things of all time- My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding.



So a few years ago my oldest sister Laura was getting married. While on the search for her wedding dress we came across this amazing website. Featured on it were what they were calling Irish Travelers. Back before the glory that is the TLC show My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding, this website sucked me in and I couldn't look away. It was like a bad car crash where you know you shouldn't look but you do anyway. I then spent the next few weeks learning everything about these Irish Travelers that I could find-it was mind boggling that they existed and their weddings were so insane. I mean, who wouldn't want a chubby mini me bride on your special day? Or your bridesmaids to look like Day-Glo Hilighters mashed up with strippers?

nueve
Fast forward five years as I'm flipping through channels on tv, I almost fall of my chair. In front of my eyes was my dream come true. TLC picked up the hit British TV show "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding". How better to rekindle my obsession by a weekly show featuring one bride's wedding and everything that goes into it?! I was in Gypsy Heaven!

Here are some of my faves-


The errr, blushing bride!







And who wouldn't want guests like this at their wedding?


So here I am on this gorgeous summer day, coffee in hand, lazy pup by my side, catching up on my obsession with no one to complain!

1 comment:

  1. I need to watch this show! I haven't yet, but your post has intrigued me! :)

    Hello from your newest follower!

    http://therushfamily.blogspot.com

    (I am happilyeverafterxo on TB!)

    ReplyDelete